Categories of Job Interview Questions -PART 1
Job interview is becoming a very serious and difficult issue on daily basis. Job interview has never been easy even if you have attended several interviews. But its more easier for you when you are aware of the type of the questions you are going to answer.
I read a book in the year 2007 that discusses all kind of questions that has to do with job interview and I will like to talk about part of it, especially in the aspect of categories of likely questions to expect in your job interview. The name of this book is ‘101 Job Interview Questions And Answers’ by Olujimi Olawale. I will later share others like the best response to each question with you,
but first let us start from the categories of job interview questions.
The following are the categories of questions and the questions under each category:
• Tell me a little about yourself?
• Who are you?
• Are you sure you have the personal characteristics and qualifications necessary for success in your chosen career?
• Would you describe yourself as goal driven?
QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR COMPETENCE, STRENGHT AND WEAKNESS
• What do you feel has been your greatest work-related accomplishment?
• What is the toughest problem you’ve had to face, and how did you overcome it?
• Have you ever had to discipline a problem employee, if so how did you handle it?
• Why do you want this position?• Why are you the best person for this job?
• How has your education prepared you for your career?
• If you are to re-choose your career again, what one thing would you change?
• What experience do you have in this field?
• Do you consider yourself successful?
• What have you done to improve your knowledge recently?
• Have you had to fire anyone, and how did you feel about it?
• If you have enough money to retire right now, would you?
• What are the key elements to measure performance?
• Tell me about a suggestion you have made
• If it seems your skill does not match, what is the other job you think your skill closely matches?
• What motivates you to do your best on this job?
• Do you think you are over qualified for this job?
• How do you propose to compensate for you lack of experience?
• Why do you choose this particular career path?
• How will you rate yourself on the rate of 1-10?
• What new skill do you think you can bring to the job that our internal candidate has not offer?
• What is your greatest strength?
• What particular skills and qualities do you bring to the workforce? What other skills do you plan to develop in the nearest future?
• What is your greatest weakness?
• Do you have an achievement of which you are proud of? What is it? And why is it significant?
I will present the remaining part of the Questions in my next post, including the best answers. Thanks for following.
Your comments are highly required
- Job Interview Question And Answering Techniques (tonavicblog.wordpress.com)
- Job Interview Techniques (greatindiebookreviews.wordpress.com)